Compact 45cm (18″) drive wheel
£414 in clear finish, with 3 standard bobbins.
Mahogany or Walnut finish £427
Unpolished bare wood £344
Spinning wheels are sent with Free standard shipping to UK mainland addresses. See Delivery costs page for more details.
Little sister to the Interlude, the Kromski Prelude is a real sweetie, light and easy to spin on. Perfect for new and seasoned spinners alike, she has a balanced range of ratios for everyday spinning. Retaining all the usual Kromski features and attention to detail, but being less than 28″ wide she is ideal for those with smaller spaces.
- 18″ wheel gives ratios of 6, 10.5 & 13:1
- All solid wood construction, made from European Alder and Birch
- Compact size for easy transportation and storage
- Faster Flyer available with ratios of 11, 14.5, & 16.5:1
- Jumbo Flyer available with ratios of 5.5, 7 & 9:1
- Single Treadle
- Single Drive with Scotch tension
- Supplied with 3 standard bobbins
- Elastic drive band as standard for easy changing between ratios
- Traditional leather flyer bearings
- On board threading hook
- On board bobbin holder holds two bobbins, can be used to make two-fold yarn.
- Walnut or Mahogany finish £400, usually in stock.
- Also available unpolished £325, usually in stock.
- Can be supplied with bespoke finish. For further information, phone 01558 650760 or contact us through the form here.
All Kromski wheels are supplied with three standard bobbins which are fully interchangeable throughout the Kromski range of wheels and have significantly larger capacity than many other bobbins on the market.